European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso will today issue a plea to Britain not to isolate itself in Europe by picking fights over immigration, saying that European Union membership boosts British international clout. Full Article
LONDON - The Bank of England said on Monday that it had temporarily suspended its automated Real Time Gross Settlement payment system, which banks use to transfer large sums of money, and that it was handling major payments manually.
- Sweden says credible reports of foreign submarine in its waters
- EU's Barroso to Britain - Don't alienate your friends in Europe
- Lufthansa cancels flights due to pilots strike; train stoppage strands millions |
- Tesco accounting probe finds 'inappropriate behaviour' by staff - reports
- HSBC fall weighs on FTSE as rebound loses steam