ATHENS - Greek left-wing leader Alexis Tsipras was sworn in on Monday as the prime minister of a new hardline, anti-bailout government determined to face down international lenders and end nearly five years of tough economic measures. | Video
LONDON - Britain's top share index closed at a fresh four-month high on Monday, helped by a rebound in energy shares, although hefty falls in Greece-exposed Coca-Cola HBC capped gains.
When Mario Draghi announced the European Central Bank's trillion-euro scheme to buy government bonds, he acknowledged that in the round of strategies to revive inflation and boost the economy, the bank had just played its last hand. Full Article | Related Story
RIYADH - The turmoil hitting Saudi Arabia's neighbour Yemen will pose the first big test for King Salman, and provide a glimpse as to whether his approach to hotspots in a fragmenting region will differ from that of his late brother. Full Article | Related Story
U.S. Coast Guard video captures a plane landing in the water after running out of fuel and deploying its airframe parachute system northeast of Hawaii. Nathan Frandino reports.
- Tsipras sworn in as Greece PM to fight bailout terms |
- Oil climbs ahead of U.S. storm following Saudi transition
- Ukraine rebels move to encircle government troops in new advance
- U.S. East Coast braces, flights cancelled as 'historic' blizzard bears down
- Australia knights Prince Philip, sparking national outrage