NICOSIA/FRANKFURT - The European Central Bank said it will start printing money to buy bonds next Monday and delivered a robust economic outlook that will make it hard to extend the plan beyond its envisaged Sept. 2016 end-date. | Video
BAGHDAD - Islamic State militants have set fire to oil wells northeast of the city of Tikrit to obstruct an assault by Shi'ite militiamen and Iraqi soldiers trying to drive them from the Sunni Muslim city and surrounding towns, a witness said.
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry offers assurances to Gulf Arab states who are concerned that Iran will gain from any agreement to end its nuclear ambitions. Deborah Lutterbeck reports.
- Upbeat ECB ready to start printing money next week |
- Knife-wielding attacker slashes face of U.S. ambassador in South Korea |
- Aviva, Friends Life top forecasts ahead of 5.6 billion pound merger
- Islamic State torches oil field near Tikrit as militia advance
- Cameron torpedoes TV debate plans before election