ANKARA/MOSCOW Turkey shot down a Russian warplane near the Syrian border on Tuesday, saying the jet had violated its air space, in one of the most serious publicly acknowledged clashes between a NATO member country and Russia for half a century. | Video
ZURICH/LONDON Drugmaker Shire is preparing to make a new takeover offer for U.S. biotech firm Baxalta that if successful will create one of the world's leading specialists in rare diseases, a source with direct knowledge of the situation said on Tuesday.
BRUSSELS - By intervening in Syria, President Vladimir Putin has broken Russia's relative isolation and is making it the "indispensable nation" in conflicts in Syria, Ukraine and with Islamic State while the United States balks at deeper involvement. Full Article
Britain will attempt to win the Davis Cup for the first time in 79 years this weekend when they take on Belgium in Ghent, although if they do succeed the Scottish town of Dunblane could argue its name should be enscribed on the trophy. Full Article | Factbox
Security sources say the guards were boarding the bus for the presidential palace when it blew up and the president has reinstated a state of emergency. Mana Rabiee reports.
- Turkey downs Russian warplane near Syria border |
- Turkmen forces in Syria shot dead pilots of downed Russian jet - deputy commander
- Majority of Britons want to leave the EU after Paris attacks - opinion poll
- Video shows Russian pilot on ground, rebel says he is dead
- U.S. issues global travel alert as manhunt continues for Paris attackers |