MUNICH - Major powers agree to a cessation of hostilities in Syria set to begin in a week and to provide rapid humanitarian access to besieged Syrian towns, but fail to secure a complete ceasefire or an end to Russian bombing.
LONDON - British construction output slipped more than expected in the fourth quarter, dragged down by reduced infrastructure spending despite housebuilding increasing at the fastest pace since the start of 2014.
TOKYO - Japanese policymakers say they will seek a global policy response from G20 nations to world market turbulence, as the country's central bank governor dismisses suggestions the rout is caused by the bank's new negative interest rate policy. Full Article | Related Story
Scientists for the first time detect gravitational waves, ripples in space and time hypothesised by Albert Einstein a century ago, in a landmark discovery that opens a new window for studying the cosmos. Video | Full Article
- North Korea executes army chief of staff: South Korean media
- With prize in sight, Brexit camp risks dashing its dream
- S&P cuts Deutsche Bank's Tier 1 securities rating to B+ from BB-
- Einstein's gravitational waves detected in landmark discovery |
- UK watchdog fines GSK $54 million over 'pay-for-delay' drug deals