The Bank of England gives a clean bill of health to Britain's controversial flagship mortgage guarantee scheme, sparing the government from potential embarrassment in the run-up to the general election. Full Article
SURUC Turkey/BEIRUT - Islamic State insurgents pushed on with their assault on a Syrian border town on Thursday despite coalition air strikes meant to weaken them, sending thousands more Kurdish refugees into Turkey and dragging Ankara deeper into the conflict.
Bill Gross's exit from Pimco has seen billions of dollars leave the fund group and even more value wiped off the share price of its parent company, offering a warning both to firms who rely on star managers and the investors who chase them. Full Article
BUENOS AIRES - Argentina's central bank chief resigns after a long tussle with the economy minister and is replaced with a regulator seen as sympathetic to the interventionist stance of a government fighting one of the world's highest inflation rates. Full Article
- Yazidis haunted by cries for help as militants bury victims alive
- Analysis - Financial market storm brewing as 2014 winds down
- Insight - Tesco's 250-million-pound black hole: Who was minding the shop?
- Prolonged Hong Kong protest could harm financial image, says envoy |
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |