VIENNA - Gulf oil producers led by Saudi Arabia are expected to press the case for not yet cutting OPEC output, despite calls from some members of the group to bolster sagging prices by removing surplus crude from the market. Full Article | Video
LONDON - Britain's top equity index edged lower in early trading on Thursday, with energy shares falling the most following a decline in crude oil prices to a four-year low.
BRUSSELS - To many in Brussels it is Google's fellow Americans - such as Microsoft, Expedia and TripAdvisor - whose complaints have driven a four-year-old investigation by the European Commission into whether Google abuses its dominance. Full Article
SEINE-ST-DENIS, France - France has been slow to respond to the spread of jihadist ideology because strict state secularism forbids any incursion into individuals' religious affairs. Fearing attacks on French soil, France is now ramping up its efforts. Full Article
A suicide bomber struck a British embassy vehicle in Kabul, in the latest wave of attacks to hit Afghanistan's capital. Rough cut, no reporter narration.
TAIPEI/HONG KONG - Beijing is using the United Front, a key organ of the Communist Party, as its main agent in thwarting Taiwanese independence and swallowing up the island into the mainland. Full Article
- Suicide bomber kills five in attack on British embassy car in Kabul - officials |
- Protests in Ferguson, elsewhere muted after two nights of racial unrest |
- Special Report - How China's shadowy agency is working to absorb Taiwan
- Oil falls $2 to four-year low on OPEC output cut doubts
- Australia's Hughes dies after being hit by ball |