MUNICH - Major powers agree to a cessation of hostilities in Syria set to begin in a week and to provide rapid humanitarian access to besieged Syrian towns, but fail to secure a complete ceasefire or an end to Russian bombing.
LONDON - Rolls-Royce left its 2016 guidance unchanged, in a show of stability after issuing three profit warnings last year, although it halved its dividend to shore up its finances during a slowdown in demand for some of its engines.
TOKYO - Japanese policymakers say they will seek a global policy response from G20 nations to world market turbulence, as the country's central bank governor dismisses suggestions the rout is caused by the bank's new negative interest rate policy. Full Article | Related Story
Sectarian tensions are rising in Nigeria's Muslim north, where hundreds of Shi'ites were killed in clashes with the army in the town of Zaria in December, according to Shi'ites and rights groups. Full Article | Slideshow
- North Korea executes army chief of staff: South Korean media
- S&P cuts Deutsche Bank's Tier 1 securities rating to B+ from BB-
- Einstein's gravitational waves detected in landmark discovery |
- Sparrow defies nature and joins Japanese family |
- Venezuela proposes OPEC, non-OPEC producers "freeze" oil supply