CATANIA, Italy/LUXEMBOURG - The European Union proposes doubling the size of its Mediterranean search and rescue operations, as the first bodies are brought ashore of as many as 900 people feared killed in the deadliest known shipwreck of migrants trying to reach Europe. Video | Full Article
LONDON - Britain's stability would be threatened if a future Labour government cut a deal with Scottish nationalists, John Major, the country's former Conservative prime minister, will warn on Tuesday, saying "mayhem" and political blackmail would ensue.
- Insight - New risks as young Londoners priced out of housing market
- Sky see potential for further price rises as loyalty stays strong
- Conservatives four points ahead of Labour in pre-election poll
- Britain orders sale of Russian billionaire Fridman's North Sea fields
- Former PM Major says Scottish nationalists risk destabilising Britain