GAZA/JERUSALEM - Israel and Palestinian militant groups in the Gaza Strip have agreed to a three-day humanitarian truce to begin Friday morning, and negotiators from both sides will travel to Cairo to discuss a longer-term. | Video
KIEV - Ukraine's parliament rejected Prime Minister Arseny Yatseniuk's resignation on Thursday and finally passed legislation he said was needed to finance an army offensive against a separatist rebellion in the east and avert a national default on its debts.
TEL AVIV - Diamonds are a girl's best friend - but only if they are natural. That is the message mining companies and luxury jewellers are keen to instil in consumers as the diamond trade faces a growing challenge from the production of synthetic diamonds. Full Article
Israel and Hamas have agreed to a 72-hour ceasefire in their conflict in the Gaza Strip that will begin on Friday, the U.N. spokesperson for the secretary-general announced. Rough Cut (no reporter narration).
Banco Espirito Santo has made a 3.8 billion euro first-half loss and warned of illegal activity. The central bank has suspended key staff, but sourcing capital from private investors is now much harder. Video
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups agree to three-day Gaza truce |
- Argentine markets fall post-default, New York hearing on Friday
- Iraqi Kurds, battling Islamist threat, press Washington for arms
- Ukraine premier stays on, envoys agree on crash site route