BUDAPEST - Hundreds of angry migrants demonstrate outside Budapest's shuttered Eastern Railway Terminus, demanding that they be allowed to travel on to Germany, as a migration crisis puts the European Union's rules under unprecedented strain.
LONDON, Sept 1 - A two-year spell of jobs growth across British factories came to an end last month as manufacturing activity expanded at a slower pace, a survey showed, suggesting the sector is unlikely to boost economic growth much this quarter.
SHANGHAI - Investigations by Chinese authorities into wild stock market swings are spreading fear among China-based investors, with some unsure if they are simply helping with inquiries or actually under suspicion, executives in the financial community say. Full Article
Wall Street opens lower after China's weak factory data heightened fears of a slowdown in the world's second-largest economy. Rough Cut (no reporter narration).
- Migrant trains reach Germany as EU asylum system creaks |
- Satellite images confirm major temple destroyed in Syria's Palmyra - U.N. |
- UK shares head for worst one-day fall in over a week
- Migrants protest as Hungary shutters Budapest train station |
- Greece's 'invisible negotiator' may assuage bailout fears in election run-up