LONDON - Scotland would have to make "substantial" spending cuts or increase taxes if the Scottish National Party (SNP) gained full control of the country's finances after next month's general election, the Institute for Fiscal Studies said on Tuesday.
CATANIA, Italy - Italian prosecutors blamed the captain of a grossly overloaded fishing boat for a collision which capsized and sank his vessel off Libya, drowning hundreds of migrants including many women and children locked below deck. | Video
Cruise operator Royal Caribbean has cut its profit forecast for the year following a dip in quarterly revenue. But with the launch of a new ship hailed as the most technologically-advanced vessel ever built, the firm is betting on a new breed of passenger to boost sales. Video
Italian authorities are holding two men on suspicion of smuggling migrants to their deaths in the weekend shipwreck that has shocked Europe. Nathan Frandino reports.
- Insight - New risks as young Londoners priced out of housing market
- Wary of brinkmanship, euro zone steers away from new deadlines for Greece, official says
- Sky see potential for further price rises as loyalty stays strong
- Conservatives four points ahead of Labour in pre-election poll
- Italian prosecutors blame captain for collision in migrant shipwreck |