British living standards remain below those before the last national election in 2010, a leading think tank says, putting Prime Minister David Cameron's economic record back in the spotlight ahead of May 7's election. Full Article
LONDON - Standard Chartered has no plans to tap shareholders for cash, it said on Wednesday, despite reporting a 25 percent drop in profits last year on the back of soaring bad loans.
Dozens of miners have been killed in a mine explosion in the Ukrainian rebel-held city of Donetsk. Ukraine Prime Minister Arseny Yatseniuk says Moscow-backed rebel "bastards" have prevented rescuers from reaching the scene. Gavino Garay reports.
Shoppers usually blame dowdy clothes and tired stores for the painful decline of Britain's former retail powerhouse Marks & Spencer. But the parts of the business that customers never see could hold the key to its revival. Full Article
- Iraqi forces try to seal off Islamic State around Tikrit |
- Charities that funded Cage, one time supporter of IS's Emwazi, under pressure
- RBS to cut up to 14,000 jobs in investment banking unit - FT
- Insight - Syria's Nusra Front may leave Qaeda to form new entity
- UK living standards lag 2010 levels as election nears - think tank