RIGA - Prime Minister David Cameron begins his campaign to persuade European leaders to make changes to the European Union before he holds a referendum to decide whether Britain should stay in or quit the bloc. Full Article
LONDON - Britain's public sector budget deficit narrowed more than expected in April, giving Chancellor George Osborne a boost as he renews his push to fix the country's public finances.
- Vodafone hits 14-year high as M&A talk rumbles on
- Greece sees reforms deal with lenders in next 10 days
- British-based banks planning for EU 'no' stymied by lack of European office space
- Fresh fighting erupts in east Ukraine, three Ukrainian soldiers killed
- Suicide bomber strikes Saudi Shi'ite mosque, many dead or wounded - residents
KUNDUZ, Afghanistan/KABUL - The Afghan government has enlisted hundreds of militia fighters controlled by local commanders to battle Taliban militants near the northern city of Kunduz, underlining how the armed forces are struggling to tackle the insurgency. Full Article
Ireland votes on whether to allow gay marriage in a referendum that could make the country the first in the world to adopt the policy by popular vote. Yiming Woo reports.