GAZA/JERUSALEM - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, facing international alarm over a rising civilian death toll in Gaza, says he will not accept any ceasefire that stops Israel completing the destruction of militants' infiltration tunnels. Full Article | Video
LONDON - Britain's top equity index fell on Thursday as a drop at UK bank Lloyds hit financial stocks, while concerns about the impact on Europe from tensions between Russia and Ukraine also kept traders on the back foot.
Banco Espirito Santo has made a 3.8 billion euro first-half loss and warned of illegal activity. The central bank has suspended key staff, but sourcing capital from private investors is now much harder. Video
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- UK's Lloyds says case strengthened for re-starting dividends
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |
- Insight - European regulators training sights on Google's mobile software
- Balfour Beatty ends merger talks with Carillion