Tesco cuts its profit forecast for the third time this year after finding a fault in its accounts, the latest blow of several to the reputation of Britain's biggest grocer. Full Article
LONDON - Britain's biggest mobile operator EE has agreed to buy 58 stores from retailer Phones 4u for 2.5 million pounds, after the retailer was placed in administration a week ago.
SURUC, Turkey/BEIRUT - Islamic State militants tighten their noose on a northern Syrian border town as the United Nations says the number of Syrian Kurds fleeing into neighbouring Turkey may have topped 100,000 and is likely to go much higher. Full Article | Video
HONG KONG - Short-sellers who profit from stock price declines have resumed targeting Chinese companies after a three-year lull, but many of the researchers who instigate the strategy are now cloaked in anonymity, shielding themselves from angry companies. Full Article
Former finance minister Ashraf Ghani was named Afghanistan's president-elect after signing a deal to share power with his opponent, ending months of turmoil over a disputed election. Jillian Kitchener reports.
China boasts about creating 9.7 million jobs this year but needs to focus on the sustainability of the services sector to be successful, says Breakingviews' John Foley. Video
- Tesco cuts profit outlook again and suspends staff after accounting error
- Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- Nonplussed Lampard rewrites his Chelsea story with City goal
- Nationalists push for Irish unity vote after 'inspiring' Scottish referendum
- Siemens agrees to $7.6 billion deal to buy Dresser-Rand