DUBAI - The Islamic State released a video on Tuesday purporting to show the beheading of American hostage Steven Sotloff, raising the stakes in its confrontation with Washington over U.S. air strikes on its insurgents in Iraq.
BRUSSELS/DONETSK Ukraine - EU officials proposed sanctions on Tuesday to starve Russian firms of cash as punishment for Moscow's role in Ukraine, where rebels said they were storming Donetsk airport, potentially their biggest prize since turning the war's tide last week. | Video
JERUSALEM - A week after the guns fell silent in the Gaza war, Israel and the Palestinians seem to have little appetite or incentive for a return to U.S.-sponsored peace and statehood talks that collapsed five months ago. Full Article | Related Story
A team of researchers at the Medical University of South Carolina is using 3-D bio-printers in a process called biofabrication to create new tissue that they hope can one day be used to grow human organs in labs for use in transplants. Nathan Frandino reports. Video
Investment banks that are successful in mitigating Europe’s new bonus curbs risk setting up another fight over pay, says Reuters Breakingviews columnist Dominic Elliott. Video
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- UK's fate in the balance as poll shows record support for Scottish independence
- Child abuse revelations divide "most shameful town in Britain"
- Kremlin adviser says military strategy to reflect Ukraine crisis, NATO expansion - RIA
- Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage