British industrial output suffered its sharpest monthly drop in December since 2012 as warmer than usual weather curbed demand for electricity and gas and manufacturing continued its decline, denting hopes for improvement this year.
LONDON The FTSE 100 climbed on Wednesday, with Tesco gaining after an industry sales report and banks bouncing back on bargain-hunting after three straight sessions of losses.
WASHINGTON/DETROIT - U.S. vehicle safety regulators have said the artificial intelligence system piloting a self-driving Google car could be considered the driver under federal law, a major step toward ultimately winning approval for autonomous vehicles on the roads. Full Article
Britain should move its preparation camp for the Rio Olympic Games outside Brazil to minimise the risk of catching the Zika virus, Jessica Ennis-Hill's coach says, adding he would not encourage the reining heptathlon champion to defend her title. Full Article | Related Story
- Ten dead, more than 80 injured in Bavaria train crash |
- North Korea executes army chief of staff - South Korean media
- Zsa Zsa Gabor hospitalized, husband hopes she will live to 100 |
- As worries mount, European banks face sell-off more savage than 2008
- North Korea satellite in stable orbit but not seen transmitting - U.S. sources