- Ahead of Britain's May 7 election, the opposition Labour Party maintained its one-point lead over Prime Minister David Cameron's Conservatives, according to a YouGov poll for The Sun newspaper published on Monday.
TOKYO - Asian stocks were firm on Tuesday after China's latest step to prop up its faltering economy lifted global equities, while the euro was pressured on growing worries a cash-strapped Greece may default on its debt.
Japan and U.S. end two days of negotiations, saying they made significant progress in trade talks ahead of summit. Rough cut. (No reporter narration.)
- Conservatives four points ahead of Labour in pre-election poll
- Migrants' bodies brought ashore as EU proposes doubling rescue effort |
- Britain orders sale of Russian billionaire Fridman's North Sea fields
- Japan artist on trial over vagina art says fighting for free expression
- Armed with new law, Ukraine targets its shadowy banks