Soccer-Burkina Faso punished by FIFA for using over age players
JOHANNESBURG Feb 26 (Reuters) - Burkina Faso have been found guilty of using two over-age players in an Olympic qualifier and had their 2-0 win over Ghana turned into a 3-0 defeat, world soccer's governing body FIFA said on Monday.
Burkina Faso used over-age players Saidou Mady Panandetiguiri and Fousseni Traore in their first-leg victory in the first round of African qualifiers for the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
Ghana will host the second leg on March 25.
Panandetiguiri, who plays for Belgian club Lokeren, and Traore were born before the age deadline of Jan. 1, 1985.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel says truce over after soldier apparently captured in Gaza |
- Britain's RBS places restrictions on lending in Russia
- India says WTO deal not dead, can sign in Sept if concerns addressed
- Pressure mounts on Jadeja following week to forget
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups agree to three-day Gaza truce |