Soccer-Burkina Faso punished by FIFA for using over age players
JOHANNESBURG Feb 26 (Reuters) - Burkina Faso have been found guilty of using two over-age players in an Olympic qualifier and had their 2-0 win over Ghana turned into a 3-0 defeat, world soccer's governing body FIFA said on Monday.
Burkina Faso used over-age players Saidou Mady Panandetiguiri and Fousseni Traore in their first-leg victory in the first round of African qualifiers for the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
Ghana will host the second leg on March 25.
Panandetiguiri, who plays for Belgian club Lokeren, and Traore were born before the age deadline of Jan. 1, 1985.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Australia, Malaysia vow to keep searching to solve plane mystery
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China
- Man United act to halt slide as power shifts back to Liverpool
- Ukraine's leaders say have U.S. backing to take on 'aggressors' |