Soccer-Burkina Faso punished by FIFA for using over age players
JOHANNESBURG Feb 26 (Reuters) - Burkina Faso have been found guilty of using two over-age players in an Olympic qualifier and had their 2-0 win over Ghana turned into a 3-0 defeat, world soccer's governing body FIFA said on Monday.
Burkina Faso used over-age players Saidou Mady Panandetiguiri and Fousseni Traore in their first-leg victory in the first round of African qualifiers for the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
Ghana will host the second leg on March 25.
Panandetiguiri, who plays for Belgian club Lokeren, and Traore were born before the age deadline of Jan. 1, 1985.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Sweden says credible reports of foreign submarine in its waters
- EU's Barroso to Britain - Don't alienate your friends in Europe
- Lufthansa cancels flights due to pilots strike; train stoppage strands millions |
- Tesco accounting probe finds 'inappropriate behaviour' by staff - reports
- HSBC fall weighs on FTSE as rebound loses steam