Imera Power picks ABB for subsea power cables
ZURICH, March 7
ZURICH, March 7 (Reuters) - Ireland's Imera Power has selected Swiss engineering group ABB (ABBN.VX) to build two undersea electricity cables in a potential order worth more than 300 million euros ($394 million).
The electricity group has selected ABB for laying two cables between Ireland and Wales and will grant a final order if it secures regulatory approval for certain exemptions on third-party access to the facility.
Imera said it expected the approval by mid-May.
ABB said it was awaiting the outcome of the discussion with the authorities before a final announcement.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles quarterfinals results
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Mediator heads to east Ukraine, seeking surrenders |