Imera Power picks ABB for subsea power cables
ZURICH, March 7
ZURICH, March 7 (Reuters) - Ireland's Imera Power has selected Swiss engineering group ABB (ABBN.VX) to build two undersea electricity cables in a potential order worth more than 300 million euros ($394 million).
The electricity group has selected ABB for laying two cables between Ireland and Wales and will grant a final order if it secures regulatory approval for certain exemptions on third-party access to the facility.
Imera said it expected the approval by mid-May.
ABB said it was awaiting the outcome of the discussion with the authorities before a final announcement.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Jodie Foster marries girlfriend Alexandra Hedison
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Barclays chairman defends staff bonuses as Standard Life leads shareholder protests
- Australia rules out link between debris and Malaysian plane