Brosnan joining Streep in "Mamma Mia!"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Pierce Brosnan is in final negotiations to join Meryl Streep in the movie version of the popular ABBA musical "Mamma Mia!"
The story revolves around a bride-to-be (Amanda Seyfried) and her formerly rebellious mom (Streep) who raised her on a Greek island and never disclosed the identity of her father.
The bride locates three men who might be her father and invites them to her wedding. Brosnan will play the main father figure.
The musical features 22 ABBA songs, including "Dancing Queen," "Take a Chance on Me" and "The Winner Takes It All."
Phyllida Lloyd is directing the Universal project; ABBA members and songwriters Benny Andersson and Bjorn Ulvaeus will serve as executive producers, as will Tom Hanks.
Brosnan has "Butterfly on a Wheel," which he also produced, and "Married Life" with Rachel McAdams and Chris Cooper, in the can. Seyfried has appeared in "Mean Girls" and "Alpha Dog," and can be seen on HBO's "Big Love."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Kurds' battle for Kobani unites a people divided by borders
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Paris Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows |
- Shares jump, yen slumps as Bank of Japan cranks up stimulus |
- Ukraine, Russia, EU agree to natural gas supply deal