Brosnan joining Streep in "Mamma Mia!"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Pierce Brosnan is in final negotiations to join Meryl Streep in the movie version of the popular ABBA musical "Mamma Mia!"
The story revolves around a bride-to-be (Amanda Seyfried) and her formerly rebellious mom (Streep) who raised her on a Greek island and never disclosed the identity of her father.
The bride locates three men who might be her father and invites them to her wedding. Brosnan will play the main father figure.
The musical features 22 ABBA songs, including "Dancing Queen," "Take a Chance on Me" and "The Winner Takes It All."
Phyllida Lloyd is directing the Universal project; ABBA members and songwriters Benny Andersson and Bjorn Ulvaeus will serve as executive producers, as will Tom Hanks.
Brosnan has "Butterfly on a Wheel," which he also produced, and "Married Life" with Rachel McAdams and Chris Cooper, in the can. Seyfried has appeared in "Mean Girls" and "Alpha Dog," and can be seen on HBO's "Big Love."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UK economy set for fastest growth in seven years in 2014 - BCC
- Ex-Kaupthing bankers convicted of abuses related to Qatari investment
- Mandela signer hits back: I'm sign language champion
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Wenger frustrated at Arsenal's failure to seal top spot