Cricket-Saddened Bangladesh want to win for Manjural
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, March 16
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, March 16 (Reuters) - A mourning Bangladesh want to win Saturday's World Cup Group B tie against India as a tribute to team mate Manjural Islam, skipper Habibul Bashar said on Friday.
Manjural, a 22-year-old left-arm spinner, died in Bangladesh following a road accident early on Friday.
"We heard the news in the morning and the boys were really upset," he said on Friday. "Some of them were crying".
Manjural played 25 one-dayers and six tests. A domestic player Sajjadul Hasan was also killed in the motorbike accident.
"We are professional cricketers," he said. "But If we can do something for him tomorrow, that is what we have been talking about."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Crimea votes to join Russia, Obama orders sanctions |
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- Senior North Korean official reappears, belies reports of another purge
- Scottish independence is 'too good to miss' says actor Sean Connery
- Analysis - Qatar rift is pivotal test for disunited Gulf families