Cricket-Saddened Bangladesh want to win for Manjural
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, March 16
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, March 16 (Reuters) - A mourning Bangladesh want to win Saturday's World Cup Group B tie against India as a tribute to team mate Manjural Islam, skipper Habibul Bashar said on Friday.
Manjural, a 22-year-old left-arm spinner, died in Bangladesh following a road accident early on Friday.
"We heard the news in the morning and the boys were really upset," he said on Friday. "Some of them were crying".
Manjural played 25 one-dayers and six tests. A domestic player Sajjadul Hasan was also killed in the motorbike accident.
"We are professional cricketers," he said. "But If we can do something for him tomorrow, that is what we have been talking about."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
- Brazilian Congress passes Internet bill of rights
- Moyes left all at sea by scale of United job, says former coach
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels; Russia starts drill near border |