Referee sends off "confusing" mascot
LONDON (Reuters) - Reading mascot Kingsley -- a giant lion who wears the club's blue and white hooped shirt -- was sent off by the referee in their Premier League match against Newcastle United on Monday because he was confusing him.
"I can see where the referee was getting confused, you know he does look like so many of my players," manager Steve Coppell told Sky Sports with a grin.
The mascot's dismissal from the side of the pitch before halftime did not appear to hurt the team's luck as they still won 1-0.
It was unclear whether he would miss the next match through suspension.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Yazidis haunted by cries for help as militants bury victims alive
- ECB targets bundled-debt market to boost economy
- Myanmar worker admits to British murders in Thailand - police
- Hong Kong police warn protesters against occupying buildings |
- Analysis - Financial market storm brewing as 2014 winds down