Referee sends off "confusing" mascot
LONDON (Reuters) - Reading mascot Kingsley -- a giant lion who wears the club's blue and white hooped shirt -- was sent off by the referee in their Premier League match against Newcastle United on Monday because he was confusing him.
"I can see where the referee was getting confused, you know he does look like so many of my players," manager Steve Coppell told Sky Sports with a grin.
The mascot's dismissal from the side of the pitch before halftime did not appear to hurt the team's luck as they still won 1-0.
It was unclear whether he would miss the next match through suspension.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. sees Middle East help fighting IS, Britain cautious after beheading |
- Golf-Tired finish for McIlroy to end stellar PGA Tour season
- Pope says world's many conflicts amount to piecemeal World War Three |
- Fate of United Kingdom hangs in balance after new Scotland polls |
- Scots independence battle reaches fever pitch on streets and screens |