Referee sends off "confusing" mascot
LONDON (Reuters) - Reading mascot Kingsley -- a giant lion who wears the club's blue and white hooped shirt -- was sent off by the referee in their Premier League match against Newcastle United on Monday because he was confusing him.
"I can see where the referee was getting confused, you know he does look like so many of my players," manager Steve Coppell told Sky Sports with a grin.
The mascot's dismissal from the side of the pitch before halftime did not appear to hurt the team's luck as they still won 1-0.
It was unclear whether he would miss the next match through suspension.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Battle over Scottish independence slightly tightens in new poll
- More than 300 people missing after South Korean ferry sinks - coastguard
- Rivals show force in eastern Ukraine before talks |
- Samsung executive says Galaxy S5 to outsell S4, sees second quarter rollout for Tizen phone
- Tesco to step up price cuts as CEO defies pressure to quit |