Referee sends off "confusing" mascot
LONDON (Reuters) - Reading mascot Kingsley -- a giant lion who wears the club's blue and white hooped shirt -- was sent off by the referee in their Premier League match against Newcastle United on Monday because he was confusing him.
"I can see where the referee was getting confused, you know he does look like so many of my players," manager Steve Coppell told Sky Sports with a grin.
The mascot's dismissal from the side of the pitch before halftime did not appear to hurt the team's luck as they still won 1-0.
It was unclear whether he would miss the next match through suspension.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin red group results
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients