Referee sends off "confusing" mascot
LONDON (Reuters) - Reading mascot Kingsley -- a giant lion who wears the club's blue and white hooped shirt -- was sent off by the referee in their Premier League match against Newcastle United on Monday because he was confusing him.
"I can see where the referee was getting confused, you know he does look like so many of my players," manager Steve Coppell told Sky Sports with a grin.
The mascot's dismissal from the side of the pitch before halftime did not appear to hurt the team's luck as they still won 1-0.
It was unclear whether he would miss the next match through suspension.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Australia, Malaysia vow to keep searching to solve plane mystery
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China
- Man United act to halt slide as power shifts back to Liverpool