Ericsson and Sun to develop open source-based server
STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Telecom equipment maker Ericsson (ERICb.ST) said on Tuesday it would join forces with U.S. computer maker Sun Microsystems SUNW.O to develop an open source Java technology-based multimedia application server.
The Swedish telecoms networking company said in a statement the collaboration deal also included plans to develop a support program for the developer community.
"With this collaboration, Ericsson will contribute parts of its server development to the open source project GlassFish," Ericsson said.
"The supporting program includes a variety of tools and expertise to support developer communities, as well as a possibility for developers to test their applications on a live IMS-based network."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Singer Kesha denied drug, sex claims against producer three years ago
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin white group results
- 'Django Unchained' actress charged with lewd conduct
- Record Chelsea win prompts talk of another title assault
- No Russia-Ukraine gas deal at EU talks; Moscow queries finances |