Ericsson and Sun to develop open source-based server
STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Telecom equipment maker Ericsson (ERICb.ST) said on Tuesday it would join forces with U.S. computer maker Sun Microsystems SUNW.O to develop an open source Java technology-based multimedia application server.
The Swedish telecoms networking company said in a statement the collaboration deal also included plans to develop a support program for the developer community.
"With this collaboration, Ericsson will contribute parts of its server development to the open source project GlassFish," Ericsson said.
"The supporting program includes a variety of tools and expertise to support developer communities, as well as a possibility for developers to test their applications on a live IMS-based network."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hedging their bets, Ukraine's oligarchs sit above the fray
- Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- UK house prices rise at fastest rate in six years - Halifax
- Standard Chartered says private bank client statements stolen in Singapore