Ericsson and Sun to develop open source-based server
STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Telecom equipment maker Ericsson (ERICb.ST) said on Tuesday it would join forces with U.S. computer maker Sun Microsystems SUNW.O to develop an open source Java technology-based multimedia application server.
The Swedish telecoms networking company said in a statement the collaboration deal also included plans to develop a support program for the developer community.
"With this collaboration, Ericsson will contribute parts of its server development to the open source project GlassFish," Ericsson said.
"The supporting program includes a variety of tools and expertise to support developer communities, as well as a possibility for developers to test their applications on a live IMS-based network."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco scraps profit outlook as accounting black hole deepens
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- UKIP on course to win second parliamentary seat - poll
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |