Ericsson and Sun to develop open source-based server
STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Telecom equipment maker Ericsson (ERICb.ST) said on Tuesday it would join forces with U.S. computer maker Sun Microsystems SUNW.O to develop an open source Java technology-based multimedia application server.
The Swedish telecoms networking company said in a statement the collaboration deal also included plans to develop a support program for the developer community.
"With this collaboration, Ericsson will contribute parts of its server development to the open source project GlassFish," Ericsson said.
"The supporting program includes a variety of tools and expertise to support developer communities, as well as a possibility for developers to test their applications on a live IMS-based network."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- WRAPUP 8-Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |