Ericsson and Sun to develop open source-based server
STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Telecom equipment maker Ericsson (ERICb.ST) said on Tuesday it would join forces with U.S. computer maker Sun Microsystems SUNW.O to develop an open source Java technology-based multimedia application server.
The Swedish telecoms networking company said in a statement the collaboration deal also included plans to develop a support program for the developer community.
"With this collaboration, Ericsson will contribute parts of its server development to the open source project GlassFish," Ericsson said.
"The supporting program includes a variety of tools and expertise to support developer communities, as well as a possibility for developers to test their applications on a live IMS-based network."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Barclays profits fall as investment bank income sags
- Libyan militants overrun Benghazi special forces base as chaos deepens
- At least 43 Palestinians killed as Israel maintains pressure on Gaza |
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- Exclusive - China's Xi reached deal with former leaders to investigate ex-security chief: sources |