Soccer-Serbia's Zigic to miss Euro 2008 qualifier in Finland
MADRID May 28 (Reuters) - Serbia striker Nikola Zigic will miss this weekend's Euro 2008 qualifier in Finland after having surgery on a facial injury picked up on Sunday.
The Racing Santander forward will be out of action for up to five weeks after suffering the blow during the 3-2 Primera Liga defeat by Levante on Sunday.
Doctors had to insert a plate and five screws in the bone around his eye, the Spanish club said on their official Web site (www.realracingclub.es) on Monday.
Racing's top scorer will miss the last two games of the league season as well as being unavailable against Finland.
Serbia are third in Group A and the towering Zigic is their top scorer with four goals in the campaign.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Qatar will not host 2022 World Cup, says FIFA's Zwanziger
- Tesco cuts profit outlook again and suspends staff after accounting error |
- Echoes of Law in 1974 as City's Lampard shuns celebration
- Siemens to buy Dresser-Rand to tap U.S. shale gas boom
- Alibaba issues additional shares to raise IPO total to $25 billion - report