Soccer-Serbia's Zigic to miss Euro 2008 qualifier in Finland
MADRID May 28 (Reuters) - Serbia striker Nikola Zigic will miss this weekend's Euro 2008 qualifier in Finland after having surgery on a facial injury picked up on Sunday.
The Racing Santander forward will be out of action for up to five weeks after suffering the blow during the 3-2 Primera Liga defeat by Levante on Sunday.
Doctors had to insert a plate and five screws in the bone around his eye, the Spanish club said on their official Web site (www.realracingclub.es) on Monday.
Racing's top scorer will miss the last two games of the league season as well as being unavailable against Finland.
Serbia are third in Group A and the towering Zigic is their top scorer with four goals in the campaign.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- Trucks from aid convoy to Ukraine start crossing back into Russia |
- Shi'ite militia kill dozens of Iraqi Sunnis in mosque shooting
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky, Syria activist says