Soccer-Serbia's Zigic to miss Euro 2008 qualifier in Finland
MADRID May 28 (Reuters) - Serbia striker Nikola Zigic will miss this weekend's Euro 2008 qualifier in Finland after having surgery on a facial injury picked up on Sunday.
The Racing Santander forward will be out of action for up to five weeks after suffering the blow during the 3-2 Primera Liga defeat by Levante on Sunday.
Doctors had to insert a plate and five screws in the bone around his eye, the Spanish club said on their official Web site (www.realracingclub.es) on Monday.
Racing's top scorer will miss the last two games of the league season as well as being unavailable against Finland.
Serbia are third in Group A and the towering Zigic is their top scorer with four goals in the campaign.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint |
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day |
- Traveller from Liberia is first Ebola patient diagnosed in U.S.
- Lufthansa pilots' 15-hour strike affects 9,000 travellers
- UPDATE 4-Microsoft names next operating system 'Windows 10'