Thai court orders Thaksin's party disbanded
BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thai judges ordered the party of ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra disbanded on Wednesday after it was found guilty of breaking election laws.
Thaksin's Thai Rak Thai (Thais Love Thais) party, which won landslide election victories in 2001 and 2005, was found guilty of two charges of wrongdoing in last year's inconclusive poll, which he had called to defuse street protests against him.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Jodie Foster marries girlfriend Alexandra Hedison
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Barclays chairman defends staff bonuses as Standard Life leads shareholder protests
- Australia rules out link between debris and Malaysian plane