Thai court orders Thaksin's party disbanded
BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thai judges ordered the party of ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra disbanded on Wednesday after it was found guilty of breaking election laws.
Thaksin's Thai Rak Thai (Thais Love Thais) party, which won landslide election victories in 2001 and 2005, was found guilty of two charges of wrongdoing in last year's inconclusive poll, which he had called to defuse street protests against him.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Barclays profits fall as investment bank income sags
- Libyan militants overrun Benghazi special forces base as chaos deepens
- African girls to sue British Airways over alleged abuse by pilot
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza refugee camp |
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |