Thai court orders Thaksin's party disbanded
BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thai judges ordered the party of ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra disbanded on Wednesday after it was found guilty of breaking election laws.
Thaksin's Thai Rak Thai (Thais Love Thais) party, which won landslide election victories in 2001 and 2005, was found guilty of two charges of wrongdoing in last year's inconclusive poll, which he had called to defuse street protests against him.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- TLC cancels reality TV programme 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo'
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting