Thai court orders Thaksin's party disbanded
BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thai judges ordered the party of ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra disbanded on Wednesday after it was found guilty of breaking election laws.
Thaksin's Thai Rak Thai (Thais Love Thais) party, which won landslide election victories in 2001 and 2005, was found guilty of two charges of wrongdoing in last year's inconclusive poll, which he had called to defuse street protests against him.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- TIMELINE-Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia