Thai court orders Thaksin's party disbanded
BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thai judges ordered the party of ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra disbanded on Wednesday after it was found guilty of breaking election laws.
Thaksin's Thai Rak Thai (Thais Love Thais) party, which won landslide election victories in 2001 and 2005, was found guilty of two charges of wrongdoing in last year's inconclusive poll, which he had called to defuse street protests against him.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- UK's fate in the balance as poll shows record support for Scottish independence
- Kremlin adviser says military strategy to reflect Ukraine crisis, NATO expansion - RIA
- Russian forces strengthening positions in Ukraine - Kiev military
- Europe drafts emergency energy plan with eye on Russia gas shut-down