Thai court orders Thaksin's party disbanded
BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thai judges ordered the party of ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra disbanded on Wednesday after it was found guilty of breaking election laws.
Thaksin's Thai Rak Thai (Thais Love Thais) party, which won landslide election victories in 2001 and 2005, was found guilty of two charges of wrongdoing in last year's inconclusive poll, which he had called to defuse street protests against him.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine accuses Russia of invasion after aid convoy crosses border |
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling
- Gaza gunmen execute 18 "collaborators" in Gaza; Israel pursues air strikes
- Insight - As Ukraine forces gain in east, focus of German diplomacy shifts