Suicide bomber kills 9 in Iraq attack on police HQ
MOSUL, Iraq (Reuters) - A suicide truck bomber killed nine people and wounded 22, including five British civilian contractors, in an attack in an Iraqi town near the Syrian border on Thursday, police said.
The bomber rammed the police headquarters and adjacent municipal building in the town of Rabea, northwest of Mosul in northern Iraq, police said.
The truck was packed with a large quantity of explosives and bodies were buried in the rubble of the destroyed buildings. Four policemen were among the dead.
Police said five Britons were among the wounded and had been evacuated for treatment. It was not immediately clear why they had been in the area, but many Britons are employed in Iraq as security contractors.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast - source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack - sources |
- High-profile British rail union leader Bob Crow dies
- Insight - Scotland's Salmond talks independence, but plays politics
- Voters more receptive to UKIP than polls show - study