3i to buy Finnish network maintenance firm Eltel
HELSINKI, June 12
HELSINKI, June 12 (Reuters) - Private equity firm 3i (III.L) said on Tuesday it had agreed to buy Finnish electricity and telecommunications network maintenance firm Eltel from Industri Kapital, TeliaSonera (TLSN.ST) (TLS1V.HE) and Eltel management.
The value of the deal was not disclosed and needs regulatory approval, the parties said in separate statements.
At the end of April, Industri Kapital partner Michael Rosenlew told Finnish business magazine Talouselama the company planned to sell its 65 percent Eltel stake before the middle of the year.
Industri Kapital bought Eltel from Finnish venture capital firm CapMan (CPMBV.HE) in 2004 for 190 million euros.
Eltel had 2006 sales of 756 million euros ($1 billion).
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- UK's Lloyds says case strengthened for re-starting dividends
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |
- Insight - European regulators training sights on Google's mobile software
- Russia wants Apple, SAP to cooperate against foreign spying