Soccer-Lyon sign Lille players Bodmer and Keita
LYON, June 16
LYON, June 16 (Reuters) - Lille players Mathieu Bodmer and Kader Keita have joined French champions Olympique Lyon on four-year contracts.
"Keita cost 18 million euro ($23.97 million) including two million of profit-sharing. Bodmer cost 6.5 million euro," Lyon chairman Jean-Michel Aulas told a news conference on Saturday.
The bonus granted to Keita is linked to Lyon's qualification for the first knockout round of the Champions League over the next four years.
The 26-year-old Ivory Coast international striker scored nine goals in 36 league games for Lille this season.
Midfielder Bodmer, 25, is regarded as one of the best Ligue 1 prospects.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Microsoft sees end to Nokia losses, shares rise after hours
- Train carrying MH17 bodies reaches government-held Ukrainian city |
- Abbas-led Palestinian body backs Hamas truce demands in Gaza |
- MPs criticise UK arms sales to Russia as Cameron pledges no new exports
- Euro finally gives in, Aussie eyes CPI test