Soccer-Lyon sign Lille players Bodmer and Keita
LYON, June 16
LYON, June 16 (Reuters) - Lille players Mathieu Bodmer and Kader Keita have joined French champions Olympique Lyon on four-year contracts.
"Keita cost 18 million euro ($23.97 million) including two million of profit-sharing. Bodmer cost 6.5 million euro," Lyon chairman Jean-Michel Aulas told a news conference on Saturday.
The bonus granted to Keita is linked to Lyon's qualification for the first knockout round of the Champions League over the next four years.
The 26-year-old Ivory Coast international striker scored nine goals in 36 league games for Lille this season.
Midfielder Bodmer, 25, is regarded as one of the best Ligue 1 prospects.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Masked gunmen slay family collecting body at Honduras morgue, kill 9
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- UK retail sales growth falls to eight-month low, public finances weak