Williams sisters pull out of doubles
LONDON (Reuters) - Former champions Venus and Serena Williams pulled out of the women's doubles at Wimbledon on Wednesday.
"I just withdrew from the doubles," an injured Serena said after being beaten 6-4 3-6 6-3 by Justine Henin in the quarter-finals.
"I've sprained my thumb and can't really hit backhands."
The duo had been scheduled to play Spanish eighth seeds Anabel Medina Garrigues and Virginia Ruano Pascual in the second round.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Stellar Lamela produces goal of the season, word of the day
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally