Tennis-Monte Carlo to remain Masters Series event
LONDON, July 25 |
LONDON, July 25 (Reuters) - Monte Carlo will remain a Masters Series event after the ATP dropped plans to downgrade it, the men's governing body and event organisers said on Wednesday after resolving their legal wrangle.
Monte Carlo organisers filed an antitrust lawsuit against the ATP in April over its plans to demote the event as part of a reshuffling of the calendar from 2009.
"The ATP and the Masters Series Monte Carlo are pleased to announce that they have resolved the litigation pending between them," they said in a joint statement.
"The Monte Carlo tournament will continue in its traditional date in mid-April as part of the ATP's top series of events, with the same ranking and prize money levels as those events."
World number one Roger Federer had been among several top players who were unhappy with the ATP's plans to demote the claycourt tournament.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this