Giant Lego man found in Dutch sea
AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - A giant, smiling Lego man was fished out of the sea in the Dutch resort of Zandvoort on Tuesday.
Workers at a drinks stall rescued the 2.5-metre (8-foot) tall model with a yellow head and blue torso.
"We saw something bobbing about in the sea and we decided to take it out of the water," said a stall worker. "It was a life-sized Lego toy."
A woman nearby added: "I saw the Lego toy floating towards the beach from the direction of England."
The toy was later placed in front of the drinks stall.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Contact lost with Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people from Burkina Faso
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Spain's Swiftair says lost contact with plane en route to Algiers
- Zidane makes mystery man Markkanen his first Madrid signing
- British manufacturing emerges from years in the shadows