Ferguson ruled out of friendlies by his wife
LONDON (Reuters) - Manager Alex Ferguson has been ruled out of attending Manchester United's two pre-season friendlies on Wednesday -- by his wife Cathy.
While the Premier League champions have teams in action at Glentoran in Belfast and Dunfermline in Scotland, their manager has a house move to organise, according to the media.
"I told her I had a match that day, but she wasn't having any of that," Ferguson was quoted as saying.
"She said it was only a friendly and that I had to help her."
Looking on the bright side, Ferguson said: "She saved me from making a difficult choice because my father played for Glentoran, but I also have close associations with Dunfermline.
"I played the best football of my career there before my transfer to Glasgow Rangers."
Argentine striker Carlos Tevez is also set to miss out as his move from West Ham United has yet to be completed.
Ferguson said after Sunday's Community Shield win over Chelsea that he expected Tevez to play on Wednesday, and possibly in this Sunday's season opener against Reading.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Stellar Lamela produces goal of the season, word of the day