Tennis-Hingis and Stepanek split up
MONTREAL Aug 11 (Reuters) - Former women's world number one Martina Hingis and Czech Radek Stepanek, the highest profile couple in tennis, have broken off their engagement.
A spokesman for the ATP said on Saturday: "Radek asked me to pass on a message announcing that he and Martina Hingis have split up, they will remain good friends."
The pair became engaged last November when Stepanek proposed to Hingis in Prague.
Stepanek was beaten 7-6 6-2 by world number one Roger Federer in the semi-finals of the Montreal Masters on Saturday.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
- Brazilian Congress passes Internet bill of rights
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Moyes left all at sea by scale of United job, says former coach
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels; Russia starts drill near border |