Tennis-Hingis and Stepanek split up
MONTREAL Aug 11 (Reuters) - Former women's world number one Martina Hingis and Czech Radek Stepanek, the highest profile couple in tennis, have broken off their engagement.
A spokesman for the ATP said on Saturday: "Radek asked me to pass on a message announcing that he and Martina Hingis have split up, they will remain good friends."
The pair became engaged last November when Stepanek proposed to Hingis in Prague.
Stepanek was beaten 7-6 6-2 by world number one Roger Federer in the semi-finals of the Montreal Masters on Saturday.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran to push for Saudi oil output cut at OPEC - Mehr news agency
- Aviva falls on Friends Life merger plan doubts |
- Aviva, Friends Life 5.6 billion pound merger plan makes sense - investors
- BT lines up O2 and EE in quest for British telecoms supremacy
- Putin says Russia not isolated over Ukraine, blames West for frosty ties