Tennis-Hingis and Stepanek split up
MONTREAL Aug 11 (Reuters) - Former women's world number one Martina Hingis and Czech Radek Stepanek, the highest profile couple in tennis, have broken off their engagement.
A spokesman for the ATP said on Saturday: "Radek asked me to pass on a message announcing that he and Martina Hingis have split up, they will remain good friends."
The pair became engaged last November when Stepanek proposed to Hingis in Prague.
Stepanek was beaten 7-6 6-2 by world number one Roger Federer in the semi-finals of the Montreal Masters on Saturday.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Europe won't recognise vote in eastern Ukraine, Merkel tells Putin
- Portugal scrambles jets again to intercept Russian bombers
- Australia Union wanted to rip up Beale contract - chairman
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Judge rejects isolation for U.S. nurse who treated Ebola patients |