Tennis-Hingis and Stepanek split up
MONTREAL Aug 11 (Reuters) - Former women's world number one Martina Hingis and Czech Radek Stepanek, the highest profile couple in tennis, have broken off their engagement.
A spokesman for the ATP said on Saturday: "Radek asked me to pass on a message announcing that he and Martina Hingis have split up, they will remain good friends."
The pair became engaged last November when Stepanek proposed to Hingis in Prague.
Stepanek was beaten 7-6 6-2 by world number one Roger Federer in the semi-finals of the Montreal Masters on Saturday.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles quarterfinals results
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Pope Good Friday service underscores plight of the suffering
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Bodies found trapped inside sunken South Korean ferry - coastguard |