UPDATE 1-Dice Holdings quarterly profit falls; gives Q3, Q4 view
(Adds details, Q3, Q4 outlook)
Aug 15 (Reuters) - Online career and recruitment company Dice Holdings Inc. (DHX.N) reported a 16 percent drop in quarterly profit as total operating expenses leaped 77 percent.
The company, which had its initial public offering in July, posted second-quarter net income of $1.6 million, or 3 cents a share, compared with $1.9 million, or 4 cents a share, in the year ago-period.
Dice Holdings, which is best known for its namesake tech-job recruiting Web site Dice.com, said revenue for the quarter rose 79 percent to $34.5 million.
The rise was primarily driven by an increase in the number of recruitment package customers and in the average revenue per recruitment package customer at Dice.com, it added.
The company, whose career Web sites compete with others such as Monster.com, Careerbuilder.com, and HotJobs.com, forecast third-quarter net income of $2.8 million to $3.5 million, on revenue of $36 million to $37 million.
For the fourth quarter, it expects net income of $3.9 million to $4.7 million on revenue of $37 million to $38 million.
In addition to its tech-centric career site, Dice Holdings caters to the worldwide financial sector as well as federal jobs that require high-security clearance, with sister sites eFinancialCareers.com, JobsintheMoney.com and ClearanceJobs.com. (Reporting by Dilipp S. Nag in Bangalore)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- UK's fate in the balance as poll shows record support for Scottish independence
- Kremlin adviser says military strategy to reflect Ukraine crisis, NATO expansion - RIA
- Europe drafts emergency energy plan with eye on Russia gas shut-down
- Low-carb diets may beat low-fat options for weight loss, heart health