Soccer-Former West Ham player Boere dies aged 39
ROTTERDAM, Netherlands Aug 18 (Reuters) - Former West Ham United striker Jeroen Boere died in his house in Spain on Thursday, Dutch radio station RTV Rijnmond said on Saturday.
The 39-year-old, who retired from football in 1999 when he lost an eye after being stabbed in Japan, worked in Spain as real estate agent.
Cause of death could not be confirmed.
Boere started his professional career at Excelsior Rotterdam before joining West Ham in 1993. He also played for Portsmouth, West Bromwich Albion, Crystal Palace and Southend United.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Masked gunmen slay family collecting body at Honduras morgue, kill 9
- Bank of England splits over rate hike for first time in three years
- Look, no hands! Test driving a Google car
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |