Russian police arrest man for stealing a bridge
MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian police have detained a 45-year-old municipal worker for stealing a bridge.
The 5-metre span metal bridge disappeared from a river crossing in the Ryazan region, east of Moscow. Police said they tracked it down to the man, who had used his work truck to remove it and then chopped it up and sold it for scrap.
In a statement, Ryazan region police called it "the bulkiest theft of the year".
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote but demand new powers |
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- China hands drugmaker GSK record $489 million fine for paying bribes
- Salmond concedes defeat, demands more Scottish powers fast
- Factbox - Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?