Adidas to invest in 2012 Olympics
LONDON (Reuters) - German sports goods maker Adidas ADSG.DE said on Thursday it will invest 100 million pounds in the 2012 Olympic games in London.
Adidas Chief Executive Herbert Hainer, in London for a news conference with the organising committee of the games, said this was the biggest single investment Adidas has ever put into a UK sporting event.
"We want to become the leading sportswear brand in the UK, Europe's largest sportswear market," Hainer said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Putin says Russia not isolated over Ukraine, blames West for frosty ties
- UK troops in largest armoured deployment in Eastern Europe for six years
- India approves $2.6 billion mounted gun purchase - official
- France's Sarkozy wants EU to lose half its powers
- Gasquet to face Federer in Davis Cup singles