Adidas to invest in 2012 Olympics
LONDON (Reuters) - German sports goods maker Adidas ADSG.DE said on Thursday it will invest 100 million pounds in the 2012 Olympic games in London.
Adidas Chief Executive Herbert Hainer, in London for a news conference with the organising committee of the games, said this was the biggest single investment Adidas has ever put into a UK sporting event.
"We want to become the leading sportswear brand in the UK, Europe's largest sportswear market," Hainer said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- UK's Lloyds says case strengthened for re-starting dividends
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |
- Insight - European regulators training sights on Google's mobile software
- Russia wants Apple, SAP to cooperate against foreign spying