Adidas to invest in 2012 Olympics
LONDON (Reuters) - German sports goods maker Adidas ADSG.DE said on Thursday it will invest 100 million pounds in the 2012 Olympic games in London.
Adidas Chief Executive Herbert Hainer, in London for a news conference with the organising committee of the games, said this was the biggest single investment Adidas has ever put into a UK sporting event.
"We want to become the leading sportswear brand in the UK, Europe's largest sportswear market," Hainer said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- ECB cools speculation over bank health checks ahead of results
- Bank of England minutes add to signs rate hike on back burner
- No Russia-Ukraine gas deal at EU talks; Moscow queries finances |
- Tour de France organisers unveil sparkling 2015 route