State TV reports nine killed in Myanmar crackdown
YANGON (Reuters) - Nine protesters were killed and 11 wounded on Thursday in a crackdown in Yangon on the biggest anti-junta demonstrations in nearly 20 years, Myanmar's state television said. The evening news broadcast said 31 security personnel had also been hurt in incidents in which it said protesters had tried to seize their weapons.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Stellar Lamela produces goal of the season, word of the day