Former Italian cyclist Taccone dies
ROME (Reuters) - Former Italian cyclist Vito Taccone has died of a suspected heart attack aged 67, the Italian media reported on Monday.
The climber was King of the Mountains of the Giro d'Italia in 1961 and 1963, when he won five race stages, including four in succession.
Taccone chained himself to the railings of a court in his home town of Avezzano earlier this month to protest his innocence after being arrested in June on suspicion of involvement in the trade of stolen or fake brand-name goods.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Stellar Lamela produces goal of the season, word of the day
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally