Former Italian cyclist Taccone dies
ROME (Reuters) - Former Italian cyclist Vito Taccone has died of a suspected heart attack aged 67, the Italian media reported on Monday.
The climber was King of the Mountains of the Giro d'Italia in 1961 and 1963, when he won five race stages, including four in succession.
Taccone chained himself to the railings of a court in his home town of Avezzano earlier this month to protest his innocence after being arrested in June on suspicion of involvement in the trade of stolen or fake brand-name goods.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Cameron says he's 'nervous' over Scottish independence vote
- China and Hong Kong poised for showdown over democracy
- UPDATE 1-Cricket-One Day International England v India scoreboard
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |