SpiralFrog signs licensing agreement with Sony/ATV
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Ad-supported music service SpiralFrog said on Monday it had signed a licensing agreement to offer compositions from Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC via its Web site.
SpiralFrog said the agreement is key to expanding its collection of legal music downloads, as music publishers like Sony Corp (6758.T) affiliate Sony/ATV ensure that songwriters and composers are compensated.
SpiralFrog offers free song downloads as long as users agree to watch advertisements while the music is loaded. The company now operates in the United States and Canada, with more than 800,000 song downloads on offer.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- UKIP on course to win second parliamentary seat - poll
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Canada's Harper vows tighter security after Parliament attack |