Billie Piper to re-materialise on Doctor Who
LONDON (Reuters) - Billie Piper is to re-materialise on Doctor Who, reprising her role as the time-travelling adventurer's sidekick Rose Tyler, the BBC announced on Tuesday.
Piper announced in June last year she was quitting the role after two series of helping the Timelord tackle daleks and cybermen.
"Following a series of unconfirmed reports across the media this morning, we're delighted to officially confirm that Billie Piper will return as Rose Tyler in Series Four of Doctor Who," the programme's official BBC Web site said.
There were no details on the Web site about how long Piper would be back, but the BBC reported that she would appear in three of the 13 episodes to be shown next year.
Piper scooped the best actress award for her role in the 2006 National Television Awards and has seen her career take off since.
Doctor Who will next return for a Christmas special when Australian pop star Kylie Minogue will make a guest appearance.
(Reporting by Michael Holden, editing by Jeremy Lovell)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- UPDATE 11-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough |
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia
- Total CEO Christophe de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman