FIFA draw to decide order of World Cup qualifiers
ZURICH (Reuters) - FIFA will hold a draw to determine the order of matches in two 2010 World Cup qualifying groups after the teams involved failed to reach agreement by the January 16 deadline.
The draw will involve European qualifying Group Two (Greece, Israel, Switzerland, Moldova, Latvia and Luxembourg) and Group Five (Spain, Turkey, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Armenia and Estonia).
FIFA said the draw would be held on January 30 during the UEFA Congress in Zagreb, Croatia.
The other seven European groups have finalised their fixtures with the exception of Group Nine -- involving the Netherlands, Scotland, Norway, Macedonia and Iceland -- which has been given more time by FIFA to finalise details.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles quarterfinals results
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Mediator heads to east Ukraine, seeking surrenders |