FIFA draw to decide order of World Cup qualifiers
ZURICH (Reuters) - FIFA will hold a draw to determine the order of matches in two 2010 World Cup qualifying groups after the teams involved failed to reach agreement by the January 16 deadline.
The draw will involve European qualifying Group Two (Greece, Israel, Switzerland, Moldova, Latvia and Luxembourg) and Group Five (Spain, Turkey, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Armenia and Estonia).
FIFA said the draw would be held on January 30 during the UEFA Congress in Zagreb, Croatia.
The other seven European groups have finalised their fixtures with the exception of Group Nine -- involving the Netherlands, Scotland, Norway, Macedonia and Iceland -- which has been given more time by FIFA to finalise details.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel knocks out Gaza power plant, digs in for long fight |
- Special Report - Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola outbreak
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |