FIFA draw to decide order of World Cup qualifiers
ZURICH (Reuters) - FIFA will hold a draw to determine the order of matches in two 2010 World Cup qualifying groups after the teams involved failed to reach agreement by the January 16 deadline.
The draw will involve European qualifying Group Two (Greece, Israel, Switzerland, Moldova, Latvia and Luxembourg) and Group Five (Spain, Turkey, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Armenia and Estonia).
FIFA said the draw would be held on January 30 during the UEFA Congress in Zagreb, Croatia.
The other seven European groups have finalised their fixtures with the exception of Group Nine -- involving the Netherlands, Scotland, Norway, Macedonia and Iceland -- which has been given more time by FIFA to finalise details.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pistorius jailed for five years for killing girlfriend Steenkamp |
- UPDATE 9-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough |
- Total CEO Christophe de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia