Soccer-United go three clear as Chelsea are held
LONDON, March 19
LONDON, March 19 (Reuters) - Manchester United opened up a three-point lead at the top of the Premier League on Wednesday with a 2-0 victory over Bolton Wanderers.
The prolific Cristiano Ronaldo inspired the Reds to a fourth consecutive league victory with two classy first-half goals.
In a rip-roaring London derby at White Hart Lane, Chelsea drew 4-4 with Tottenham Hotspur. Two goals from Joe Cole looked to have put Chelsea level on points with second-placed Arsenal before Robbie Keane equalised with a stunning 88th-minute shot.
United have 70 points from 30 games, Arsenal have 67 and Chelsea have 65. (Editing by Miles Evans)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise budget
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Stellar Lamela produces goal of the season, word of the day