Soccer-United go three clear as Chelsea are held
LONDON, March 19
LONDON, March 19 (Reuters) - Manchester United opened up a three-point lead at the top of the Premier League on Wednesday with a 2-0 victory over Bolton Wanderers.
The prolific Cristiano Ronaldo inspired the Reds to a fourth consecutive league victory with two classy first-half goals.
In a rip-roaring London derby at White Hart Lane, Chelsea drew 4-4 with Tottenham Hotspur. Two goals from Joe Cole looked to have put Chelsea level on points with second-placed Arsenal before Robbie Keane equalised with a stunning 88th-minute shot.
United have 70 points from 30 games, Arsenal have 67 and Chelsea have 65. (Editing by Miles Evans)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- CORRECTED-WRAPUP 1-Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- UPDATE 3-Boeing reports wing cracks on 787 Dreamliners in production