Podolski will consider leaving Bayern
BERLIN (Reuters) - Germany striker Lukas Podolski will consider his future at Bayern Munich once the season is over after getting fed up with his role as a substitute.
"I've had it up to here with being on the bench," Podolski told Bild newspaper.
"I'll think about my future at the end of the season. We have to see whether it makes sense for either side."
Podolski, who has a contract running until 2010, joined Bayern from Cologne for 10 million euros ($15.76 million) in 2006.
The 22-year-old has made just two starts for Bayern in the Bundesliga this season. He has made another 14 league appearances as a sub and has so far failed to score, although he has notched five goals in the UEFA Cup.
He is the club's third choice striker behind Miroslav Klose and Luca Toni yet remains an important part of the Germany squad and won rave reviews for a 32-minute appearance as a substitute in Wednesday's 4-0 win over Switzerland.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Qatar will not host 2022 World Cup, says FIFA's Zwanziger
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Israel says its troops kill Hamas men accused of slaying teens |
- Tesco parachutes in new finance boss to fix accounting scandal
- AstraZeneca, Shire dive as U.S. tax move punctures deal hopes