Ewan McGregor reveals cancer scare
LONDON (Reuters) - "Star Wars" star Ewan McGregor revealed on Tuesday that he had a cancerous mole removed from just below his right eye.
The Scottish actor said he had to be careful of his pale skin because he spent so much time in the sun.
"I had a little skin cancer under my eye," the 37-year-old star told BBC Television in an interview to promote his latest film, the erotic thriller "Deception."
"I just went to have them (the moles) checked ... I went to to see a specialist who thought they were better to be removed and indeed he was correct."
McGregor said: "It's all good now. But it was something that was best to be looked at and kept in check."
(Reporting by Paul Majendie, Editing by Paul Casciato)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Germany's Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform - Sunday Times
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone