Ewan McGregor reveals cancer scare
LONDON (Reuters) - "Star Wars" star Ewan McGregor revealed on Tuesday that he had a cancerous mole removed from just below his right eye.
The Scottish actor said he had to be careful of his pale skin because he spent so much time in the sun.
"I had a little skin cancer under my eye," the 37-year-old star told BBC Television in an interview to promote his latest film, the erotic thriller "Deception."
"I just went to have them (the moles) checked ... I went to to see a specialist who thought they were better to be removed and indeed he was correct."
McGregor said: "It's all good now. But it was something that was best to be looked at and kept in check."
(Reporting by Paul Majendie, Editing by Paul Casciato)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Jodie Foster marries girlfriend Alexandra Hedison
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Barclays chairman defends staff bonuses as Standard Life leads shareholder protests
- Australia rules out link between debris and Malaysian plane