Soccer-Porto suffer first home defeat of the season to Nacional
LISBON May 3 (Reuters) - Champions Porto slumped to their first home defeat of the season when they were thrashed 3-0 by Nacional Madeira in the Portuguese Premier League on Saturday.
Porto, who wrapped up their third successive title a month ago, have 72 points, 23 ahead of Sporting and Vitoria Guimaraes who visit Pacos Ferreira and Belenenses respectively on Sunday.
Winger Fabio Coentrao scored twice for mid-table Nacional, grabbing the first after 21 minutes and adding a second before the break when he fired over Brazilian goalkeeper Helton.
Nacional, who became the only side to beat Porto twice in the league this term, completed the rout in stoppage time when Brazilian Juninho scored with a deflected shot.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- Russia, Germany up diplomatic battle over Ukraine sanctions
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine