Soccer-Porto suffer first home defeat of the season to Nacional
LISBON May 3 (Reuters) - Champions Porto slumped to their first home defeat of the season when they were thrashed 3-0 by Nacional Madeira in the Portuguese Premier League on Saturday.
Porto, who wrapped up their third successive title a month ago, have 72 points, 23 ahead of Sporting and Vitoria Guimaraes who visit Pacos Ferreira and Belenenses respectively on Sunday.
Winger Fabio Coentrao scored twice for mid-table Nacional, grabbing the first after 21 minutes and adding a second before the break when he fired over Brazilian goalkeeper Helton.
Nacional, who became the only side to beat Porto twice in the league this term, completed the rout in stoppage time when Brazilian Juninho scored with a deflected shot.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India gets its first transgender TV news anchor - newspaper
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance
- Salmond says Scots tricked out of independence
- Pope's Albania visit prompts long-awaited facelift for Tirana square
- Sierra Leone Ebola burial team attacked despite lockdown |