Common joins "Terminator" cast
NEW YORK (Billboard) - Rapper Common will have a starring role in the upcoming fourth instalment of the "Terminator" series, "Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins."
The Chicago MC will play a freedom fighter named Barnes who is defending the human race against a machine that aims to destroy it.
Common will star alongside Christian Bale -- who will play the main character, John Connor -- and Sam Worthington, among others. The Warner Bros. and Sony-distributed film is set to hit theatres in May 2009.
Common will release his forthcoming eighth album, "Invincible Summer," in mid-July.
"I created this music for the summer time, it's about feeling good," Common told Billboard.com about the electro-tinged and techno-driven album. "This is the type of music I felt was missing from my body of work."
Common will also appear in the action thriller "Wanted," which stars James McAvoy, Angelina Jolie and Morgan Freeman and is scheduled for release in June.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- Russia, Germany up diplomatic battle over Ukraine sanctions
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine