Bartoli suffers first-round exit at Roland Garros
PARIS (Reuters) - French ninth seed Marion Bartoli was knocked out 6-7 6-3 6-2 by Australian Casey Dellacqua in the first round of the French Open on Wednesday.
Last year's Wimbledon finalist was 6-5 up when rain ended play on Tuesday but she could not find her pace on Wednesday, bowing out after two hours and two minutes.
Dellacqua will next face another Frenchwoman, Nathalie Dechy, for a place in the third round.
(Reporting by Julien Pretot, editing by Pritha Sarkar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Easter truce |
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Malaysian plane search in 44th day, sea bed scans could end in days |
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |