Bartoli suffers first-round exit at Roland Garros
PARIS (Reuters) - French ninth seed Marion Bartoli was knocked out 6-7 6-3 6-2 by Australian Casey Dellacqua in the first round of the French Open on Wednesday.
Last year's Wimbledon finalist was 6-5 up when rain ended play on Tuesday but she could not find her pace on Wednesday, bowing out after two hours and two minutes.
Dellacqua will next face another Frenchwoman, Nathalie Dechy, for a place in the third round.
(Reporting by Julien Pretot, editing by Pritha Sarkar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Kurds' battle for Kobani unites a people divided by borders
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Paris Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows |
- Shares jump, yen slumps as Bank of Japan cranks up stimulus |
- Ukraine, Russia, EU agree to natural gas supply deal