Bartoli suffers first-round exit at Roland Garros
PARIS (Reuters) - French ninth seed Marion Bartoli was knocked out 6-7 6-3 6-2 by Australian Casey Dellacqua in the first round of the French Open on Wednesday.
Last year's Wimbledon finalist was 6-5 up when rain ended play on Tuesday but she could not find her pace on Wednesday, bowing out after two hours and two minutes.
Dellacqua will next face another Frenchwoman, Nathalie Dechy, for a place in the third round.
(Reporting by Julien Pretot, editing by Pritha Sarkar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Golf-Tired finish for McIlroy to end stellar PGA Tour season
- Pope says world's many conflicts amount to piecemeal World War Three |
- Fate of United Kingdom hangs in balance after new Scotland polls |
- Scots independence battle reaches fever pitch on streets and screens |
- U.S. sees Middle East help fighting IS, Britain cautious after beheading |