Bartoli suffers first-round exit at Roland Garros
PARIS (Reuters) - French ninth seed Marion Bartoli was knocked out 6-7 6-3 6-2 by Australian Casey Dellacqua in the first round of the French Open on Wednesday.
Last year's Wimbledon finalist was 6-5 up when rain ended play on Tuesday but she could not find her pace on Wednesday, bowing out after two hours and two minutes.
Dellacqua will next face another Frenchwoman, Nathalie Dechy, for a place in the third round.
(Reporting by Julien Pretot, editing by Pritha Sarkar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe
- Hedging their bets, Ukraine's oligarchs sit above the fray
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- UK house prices rise at fastest rate in six years - Halifax
- Standard Chartered says private bank client statements stolen in Singapore