Bartoli suffers first-round exit at Roland Garros
PARIS (Reuters) - French ninth seed Marion Bartoli was knocked out 6-7 6-3 6-2 by Australian Casey Dellacqua in the first round of the French Open on Wednesday.
Last year's Wimbledon finalist was 6-5 up when rain ended play on Tuesday but she could not find her pace on Wednesday, bowing out after two hours and two minutes.
Dellacqua will next face another Frenchwoman, Nathalie Dechy, for a place in the third round.
(Reporting by Julien Pretot, editing by Pritha Sarkar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- UK's fate in the balance as poll shows record support for Scottish independence
- Kremlin adviser says military strategy to reflect Ukraine crisis, NATO expansion - RIA
- Europe drafts emergency energy plan with eye on Russia gas shut-down
- Low-carb diets may beat low-fat options for weight loss, heart health