Tennis-Open-Jankovic completes win over Cibulkova
PARIS May 31 (Reuters) - Third seed Jelena Jankovic stayed on course for a first grand slam title when she completed a 7-5 6-3 victory over Slovakia's Dominika Cibulkova in the third round of the French Open on Saturday.
The match had been halted in fading light on Friday at 7-5 4-2, and an exhausting 30-shot rally on the first point on Saturday showed Cibulkova was in no mood to roll over.
But the 28th seed failed to hold her second service game after the resumption and Jankovic wrapped up the win in an hour and 51 minutes.
She will now face Polish 14th seed Agnieszka Radwanska for a place in the quarter-finals.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco scraps profit outlook as accounting black hole deepens
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- UKIP on course to win second parliamentary seat - poll
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |