Soccer-Substitute gives Burkina Faso surprise win in Tunisia
TUNIS, June 1
TUNIS, June 1 (Reuters) - Two late goals from substitute striker Yssouf Kone gave Burkina Faso a surprise 2-1 away win over Tunisia in their World Cup qualifier at Rades on Sunday.
Tijani Belaid put Tunisia ahead in the 38th minute but Kone scored twice in the final 10 minutes as Burkina Faso overcame a 1-0 halftime deficit in African zone Group Nine.
Kone's first came just four minutes after he came on in the 80th minute. The Norway-based forward delivered the winner just three minutes from time in a major setback for the north Africans. (Writing by Mark Gleeson; Editing by John Mehaffey)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Suicide attacks kill at least 17 in Iraq after mosque shooting |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky, Syria activist says