Tennis-Sharapova to miss Birmingham and Eastbourne tournaments
LONDON, June 7
LONDON, June 7 (Reuters) - Maria Sharapova will miss this year's Wimbledon warmup tournaments in Birmingham and Eastbourne, the Russian said on Saturday.
Her decision means the 21-year-old Russian will play no competitive grass court tennis before the grand slam tournament starting on June 23.
Sharapova said on her Web site (www.mariasharapova.com) that her decision to miss Birmingham after five consecutive years in the draw would help her focus on Wimbledon. She has won the tournament twice.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- WRAPUP 6-Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Indian Wells men's singles round 2 results