Piszczek out of Poland's game v Austria
VIENNA (Reuters) - Poland midfielder Lukasz Piszczek is out of their Euro 2008 Group B game with Austria on Thursday due to an ankle injury.
"Piszczek twisted his ankle in Wednesday evening's training session and will take no part in the match against co-hosts Austria," team spokeswoman Marta Alf told Reuters.
The 23-year-old Piszczek was called up last week to replace Jakub Blaszczykowski when the winger was ruled out of the tournament with a hamstring injury.
Reserve keeper Tomasz Kuszczak also withdrew from the squad because of a back injury before the opening 2-0 defeat by Germany and captain Maciej Zurawski limped off at halftime with a thigh problem that will keep him out until the end of the group stage.
The Poles face Croatia in their final group game in Klagenfurt on Monday.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scots' support for independence lags on eve of referendum |
- Analysis - Market calm over Scottish vote at odds with disaster warnings
- As many as 700 migrants feared drowned in Mediterranean
- UK earnings edge up, unemployment falls more than expected
- Gerrard lights up Anfield with last-gasp Liverpool winner