- British Supreme Court ruling threatens Western sanctions against Iran
- Britain to start sale of Lloyds soon, review RBS split |
- Sao Paulo, Rio revoke transport fare hikes as protests continue |
- US STOCKS-Wall St drops after Bernanke hints at slowing stimulus
- Kosovo's first envoy to Serbia quits after two days
BP's Thunder Horse starts oil and gas production
LONDON (Reuters) - BP (BP.L) said it started to commission its Thunder Horse platform in the Gulf of Mexico on June 14 and that the platform would be in continuous production by year-end.
"We started producing and exporting oil and gas from one well on June 14," a spokesman for BP said on Tuesday. "We would expect to complete full startup of the field by the end of the year."
The long-delayed field, 150 miles southwest of New Orleans, will produce a maximum of 250,000 barrels per day of oil and 200 million cubic feet per day of natural gas when it reaches peak production.
BP owns 75 percent of Thunder Horse and is the field's operator. Exxon Mobil Corp (XOM.N) owns the remaining 25 percent.
Thunder Horse will be the largest single oil producing facility in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico when it hits begins full operations.
(Reporting by Tom Bergin; editing by Rory Channing)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this