- Rugby-Penpix of the British and Irish Lions team for first test
- UK watchdog says Lloyds must raise 8.6 billion pounds capital
- U.S. stimulus fears, China slowdown sparks FTSE sell-off
- Government says soldier deaths' court ruling will hit combat missions
- Dotcom decries 'largest data massacre' after company deletes files
Textron confident can keep US helicopter affordable
WASHINGTON, July 9 |
WASHINGTON, July 9 (Reuters) - Textron Inc's (TXT.N) Bell Helicopter unit, reacting to an Army statement that a $6.2 billion program could be canceled, said Wednesday it was confident it could build a planned armed reconnaissance helicopter affordably.
"We remain confident that that we can produce the ARH at an affordable price," Thomas Dolney, a Bell Textron spokesman, said in an email message. "Bell Helicopter and its team of suppliers are ready to begin low-rate initial production of the ARH, and we are dedicated to producing a world-class weapons system for the Army's warfighters."
The Army said Wednesday it notified Congress that the ARH program's projected costs had soared more than 40 percent above initial estimates, triggering a mandatory review that could lead to cancellation. (Reporting by Jim Wolf; editing by John Wallace/Jeffrey Benkoe)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this