Richard Quest returns to CNN following drug arrest
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - CNN reporter Richard Quest has returned to the cable news channel after a hiatus stemming from his drug arrest and court-ordered counseling, a spokesman for the Atlanta-based network said on Friday.
Quest, known for his boisterous and quirky reporting, returned to CNN International in late June and has been producing general news segments and working on the August edition of "CNN Business Traveler," the show he hosted before his arrest, said Nigel Pritchard, a spokesman for CNN.
"We're very pleased to have him back," Pritchard said.
Police stopped Quest, 46, in April for being in New York's Central Park past curfew, and they discovered a bag of methamphetamines on the British reporter.
A judge ordered him to undergo six months of counseling in exchange for having the case dismissed.
CNN is part of the Time Warner Inc media company.
(Editing by Bob Tourtellotte)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine accuses Russia of invasion after aid convoy crosses border |
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- Gunmen execute 18 alleged collaborators in Gaza
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling
- For embattled Ukraine rebels, no time to honour the dead