Metso to build Fisker Karma hybrid car in Finland
HELSINKI, July 15
HELSINKI, July 15 (Reuters) - Finnish engineering group Metso Oyj (MEO1V.HE) said its car manufacturing unit Valmet Automotive had signed a letter of intent with U.S. hybrid car producer Fisker Automotive to build the Karma hybrid car in Finland.
Deliveries of the four-door hybrid sports sedan are set to start in the fourth quarter of next year, with production volume projected to reach 15,000 a year, Metso said in a statement. It gave no financial details.
Valmet will stop making Porsche's Boxter and Cayman models in 2012 after Porsche AG (PSHG_p.DE) decided not to extend the manufacturing deal they have had since 1997. (Reporting by Azer Sawiris, editing by Will Waterman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack - sources |
- Voters more receptive to UKIP than polls show - study
- Exclusive - Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- UPDATE 5-Tennis-Indian Wells men's singles round 2 results
- El Salvador ex-rebel's lead 'irreversible,' rival wants recount