Metso to build Fisker Karma hybrid car in Finland
HELSINKI, July 15
HELSINKI, July 15 (Reuters) - Finnish engineering group Metso Oyj (MEO1V.HE) said its car manufacturing unit Valmet Automotive had signed a letter of intent with U.S. hybrid car producer Fisker Automotive to build the Karma hybrid car in Finland.
Deliveries of the four-door hybrid sports sedan are set to start in the fourth quarter of next year, with production volume projected to reach 15,000 a year, Metso said in a statement. It gave no financial details.
Valmet will stop making Porsche's Boxter and Cayman models in 2012 after Porsche AG (PSHG_p.DE) decided not to extend the manufacturing deal they have had since 1997. (Reporting by Azer Sawiris, editing by Will Waterman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Germany's Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform - Sunday Times
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |