Metso to build Fisker Karma hybrid car in Finland
HELSINKI, July 15
HELSINKI, July 15 (Reuters) - Finnish engineering group Metso Oyj (MEO1V.HE) said its car manufacturing unit Valmet Automotive had signed a letter of intent with U.S. hybrid car producer Fisker Automotive to build the Karma hybrid car in Finland.
Deliveries of the four-door hybrid sports sedan are set to start in the fourth quarter of next year, with production volume projected to reach 15,000 a year, Metso said in a statement. It gave no financial details.
Valmet will stop making Porsche's Boxter and Cayman models in 2012 after Porsche AG (PSHG_p.DE) decided not to extend the manufacturing deal they have had since 1997. (Reporting by Azer Sawiris, editing by Will Waterman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- No Russia-Ukraine gas deal at EU talks; Moscow queries finances |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin white group results
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Islamic State advances against Yazidis on Iraq's Sinjar mountain |
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports