Van Nistelrooy quits international arena
AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - Real Madrid striker Ruud van Nistelrooy has retired from international football, the Dutch Football Association (KNVB) said in a statement on Monday.
"After studying the schedule of Real Madrid and the Dutch team I realised ... playing for both teams would mean too tough a physical load for me and therefore I made this choice," the 32-year-old Van Nistelrooy was quoted as saying.
(Reporting by Theo Ruizenaar, editing by Rex Gowar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- UK's fate in the balance as poll shows record support for Scottish independence
- Child abuse revelations divide "most shameful town in Britain"
- Kremlin adviser says military strategy to reflect Ukraine crisis, NATO expansion - RIA
- Russian forces strengthening positions in Ukraine - Kiev military