Soccer-Goalkeeper scores late equaliser in Ghana friendly
DAR ES SALAAM
DAR ES SALAAM Aug 20 (Reuters) - Goalkeeper Richard Kingson scored a late equaliser to earn Ghana a 1-1 draw with Tanzania in a friendly on Wednesday.
Kingson, without a club after being handed a free transfer by England's Birmingham City at the end of last season, ran up to the other end of the field to head in a free kick from Laryea Kingston.
Tanzania had been 1-0 up at halftime thanks to a goal from Henry Joseph.
Ghana, who fielded an understrength side, were playing their first match under Serbian Milovan Rajevac who last week signed a two-year contract as their new coach.
(Writing by Mark Gleeson, editing by Tony Jimenez)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Golf-U.S. PGA Tour Deutsche Bank Championship scores
- 'Most exciting ever' Novartis drug points to huge sales