Soccer-Goalkeeper scores late equaliser in Ghana friendly
DAR ES SALAAM
DAR ES SALAAM Aug 20 (Reuters) - Goalkeeper Richard Kingson scored a late equaliser to earn Ghana a 1-1 draw with Tanzania in a friendly on Wednesday.
Kingson, without a club after being handed a free transfer by England's Birmingham City at the end of last season, ran up to the other end of the field to head in a free kick from Laryea Kingston.
Tanzania had been 1-0 up at halftime thanks to a goal from Henry Joseph.
Ghana, who fielded an understrength side, were playing their first match under Serbian Milovan Rajevac who last week signed a two-year contract as their new coach.
(Writing by Mark Gleeson, editing by Tony Jimenez)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Jodie Foster marries girlfriend Alexandra Hedison
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Australia rules out link between debris and Malaysian plane
- Barclays chairman defends staff bonuses as Standard Life leads shareholder protests