Briefs 6-Tway withdraws from Barclays to caddie for son
PARAMUS, New Jersey
PARAMUS, New Jersey Aug 20 (Reuters) - Former U.S. PGA champion Bob Tway withdrew from the Barclays Classic on Wednesday in order to caddie for his son at the U.S. Amateur Championship, officials said.
Tway pulled out of the opening FedExCup playoffs tournament after his son Kevin advanced to the round of 32 in the U.S. Amateur at Pinehurst, North Carolina. The 49-year-old also caddied for his son at this year's U.S. Open in San Diego.
Soccer - FIFA have agreed to switch a World Cup qualifying match between North and South Korea to the Chinese city of Shanghai for the second time this year due to a row over the playing of national anthems, the game's world body said in a statement on Wednesday.
North Korea was due to host the Sept. 10 Asian fourth round match but refuses to play the anthem of South Korea, with which it is still technically at war.
Soccer - Serbian defender Marko Basa has joined Lokomotiv Moscow from Le Mans for an undisclosed fee, the Ligue 1 club said on their website (www.muc72.fr).
Basa, 25, has earned three caps for Serbia. (Editing by Rex Gowar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- CORRECTED-WRAPUP 1-Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing
- UPDATE 3-Boeing reports wing cracks on 787 Dreamliners in production
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |