Maradona slams "stingy" Brazil
BEIJING (Reuters) - Diego Maradona said he had rarely seen Brazil play as negatively as they did in their Olympic Games semi-final defeat to Argentina.
"It's a long time since I've seen Brazil so stingy and defensive," the former Argentina captain was quoted in his country's media as saying.
"I didn't think they could do any damage. They never managed to play their way out of defence, nobody helped Ronaldinho and they never played coherently. I think Argentina were better in every metre of the field."
Maradona watched Tuesday's 3-0 win at the Workers' stadium. He has also been to see Argentina's men's basketball and women's hockey teams in action in Beijing.
(Editing by Editing by Alex Richardson)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- UK's fate in the balance as poll shows record support for Scottish independence
- Child abuse revelations divide "most shameful town in Britain"
- Kremlin adviser says military strategy to reflect Ukraine crisis, NATO expansion - RIA
- Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage