Maradona slams "stingy" Brazil
BEIJING (Reuters) - Diego Maradona said he had rarely seen Brazil play as negatively as they did in their Olympic Games semi-final defeat to Argentina.
"It's a long time since I've seen Brazil so stingy and defensive," the former Argentina captain was quoted in his country's media as saying.
"I didn't think they could do any damage. They never managed to play their way out of defence, nobody helped Ronaldinho and they never played coherently. I think Argentina were better in every metre of the field."
Maradona watched Tuesday's 3-0 win at the Workers' stadium. He has also been to see Argentina's men's basketball and women's hockey teams in action in Beijing.
(Editing by Editing by Alex Richardson)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Portugal scrambles jets again to intercept Russian bombers
- Europe won't recognise vote in eastern Ukraine, Merkel tells Putin
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Soldiers vie for power after Burkina Faso president quits |
- Branson to meet Virgin Galactic space team after crash |