Maradona slams "stingy" Brazil
BEIJING (Reuters) - Diego Maradona said he had rarely seen Brazil play as negatively as they did in their Olympic Games semi-final defeat to Argentina.
"It's a long time since I've seen Brazil so stingy and defensive," the former Argentina captain was quoted in his country's media as saying.
"I didn't think they could do any damage. They never managed to play their way out of defence, nobody helped Ronaldinho and they never played coherently. I think Argentina were better in every metre of the field."
Maradona watched Tuesday's 3-0 win at the Workers' stadium. He has also been to see Argentina's men's basketball and women's hockey teams in action in Beijing.
(Editing by Editing by Alex Richardson)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Factbox - Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Scots vote in independence referendum to seal the United Kingdom's fate
- Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading
- Scottish supporters of United Kingdom have 4 percent point lead - YouGov poll