Website says Anwar wins Malaysia vote with big majority
KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - Anwar Ibrahim has won a key Malaysian by-election with a majority of 16,210 votes, influential news website Malaysiakini reported on Tuesday.
Malaysiakini (www.malaysiakini.com) reported that Anwar won 26,646 votes, while the government's Arif Omar won 10,436 votes.
Political analysts had said that to emerge as a credible leader of the opposition coalition, Anwar had to win by at least the 13,388 majority his wife won when she contested the seat in March's general election.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
- Brazilian Congress passes Internet bill of rights
- Moyes left all at sea by scale of United job, says former coach
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels; Russia starts drill near border |