Almost all US Gulf oil output shut for Gustav-MMS
NEW YORK Aug 31 (Reuters) - Oil companies operating in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico have shut down 96.3 percent of crude oil production and 82.3 percent of natural gas production ahead of the arrival of Hurricane Gustav, a U.S. government agency said Sunday.
The Minerals Management Service said 1.251 million barrels per day of crude oil output and 6.086 billion cubic feet per day of natural gas production in the Gulf had been shut down as of 1130 CDT (1630 GMT).
Personnel from 86 drilling rigs of 121 rigs in the Gulf had also been evacuated, the MMS said. (Reporting by Robert Campbell)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed in South China Sea |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- CORRECTED-WRAPUP 1-Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing
- UPDATE 3-Boeing reports wing cracks on 787 Dreamliners in production
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |