Chelsea kick off Champions League
LONDON (Reuters) - Chelsea and Barcelona take centre stage on Tuesday when the Champions League group stage kicks off with eight matches.
Inter Milan and Liverpool are also in action while clubs from Romania and Cyprus make their debuts in the continent's premier club tournament.
Last season's runners-up Chelsea take on Bordeaux in Group A with manager Luiz Felipe Scolari hoping to mark his debut in the competition with a victory after an impressive start to his tenure at Stamford Bridge.
Barcelona, who had to qualify for the group phase, host Sporting Lisbon in the Nou Camp in Group C.
Jose Mourinho's Inter Milan travel to Greece to play Panathinaikos while Liverpool are in action in Marseille where they won 4-0 last season to reach the last 16.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Britain does U-turn on ex-KGB agent Litvinenko murder inquiry
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |
- Bodies, black boxes handed over from Ukraine crash site |
- Shooting champion withdrawn after jacket goes missing
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |