HBOS confirms in takeover talks with Lloyds TSB
LONDON, Sept 17
LONDON, Sept 17 (Reuters) - British bank HBOS Plc HBOS.L confirmed on Wednesday it was in advanced talks that may lead to a takeover by domestic rival Lloyds TSB (LLOY.L).
"In the light of market speculation, the board of HBOS Plc confirms that it is in advanced talks with Lloyds TSB Group Plc which may or may not lead to an offer being made for HBOS," HBOS said in a statement.
(Reporting by Paul Hoskins)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint |
- Analysis - Financial market storm brewing as 2014 winds down
- British financial watchdog to investigate Tesco accounting scandal
- Eyeing 2015 vote, Cameron pledges 7 billion pounds in tax cuts
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns |