HBOS confirms in takeover talks with Lloyds TSB
LONDON, Sept 17
LONDON, Sept 17 (Reuters) - British bank HBOS Plc HBOS.L confirmed on Wednesday it was in advanced talks that may lead to a takeover by domestic rival Lloyds TSB (LLOY.L).
"In the light of market speculation, the board of HBOS Plc confirms that it is in advanced talks with Lloyds TSB Group Plc which may or may not lead to an offer being made for HBOS," HBOS said in a statement.
(Reporting by Paul Hoskins)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola outbreak
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |