Soccer-Moenchengladbach sack coach Luhukay
BERLIN Oct 5 (Reuters) - Borussia Moenchengladbach sacked coach Jos Luhukay on Sunday, the day after a 2-1 defeat at home to Cologne left the club bottom of the table with just three points from seven matches.
The club said in a statement on its website that sporting director Christian Ziege would take over coaching duties on an interim basis.
"We're looking for a new coach but we're going to do it calmly and carefully," Ziege told www.borussia.de. "We're not going to make a hasty decision and I've therefore agreed to train the team for now."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Portugal scrambles jets again to intercept Russian bombers
- Europe won't recognise vote in eastern Ukraine, Merkel tells Putin
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Soldiers vie for power after Burkina Faso president quits |
- Branson to meet Virgin Galactic space team after crash |