Teenager jailed after setting fire to love rival
LONDON (Reuters) - A teenage woman who set fire to a 15-year-old girl after a row over a boy has been jailed for 10 years, the Metropolitan Police said on Tuesday.
Nineteen-year-old Georgina Clarke-Webber poured accelerant over a 15-year-old teenage girl in Eltham in south London before setting fire to her following a dispute over a boy.
The 15-year-old suffered serious burns and had to be taken to a specialist burns unit by air ambulance.
"This was a terrible, premeditated attack that had life-changing consequences for the victim, who is still recovering from the injuries inflicted on her that day," said detective constable Shelly Phillips of Greenwich Criminal Investigation Department.
For wider coverage of crime in Britain click here
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed in South China Sea |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- CORRECTED-WRAPUP 1-Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing
- UPDATE 3-Boeing reports wing cracks on 787 Dreamliners in production
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |